Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cherry Breeze... Recipe by Rose E. from South Pittsburg, TN (Facebook Fan)

Cherry Breeze
by Rose E., South Pittsburg, TN




This is a really good recipe: I use it a lot for holidays, family get togethers, anytime we are in the mood for something cool and sweet. Hope you enjoy it. This is a recipe that my late mother gave me.

Crust: 2 Cups of corn flake crumbs, you can buy these already crushed in most stores, if not simply crush plain corn flakes, enough to make 2 cups. Place these in the bottom of a round 8 or 9 inch glass baking dish, I also use a square pyrex baking dish sometimes, either will be fine. Melt 1 stick of butter add to crumbs, mix with fork and press in and around bottoma and sides of glass dish. Set this aside, sometimes depending on the temperature, I set this in refrigerator.

Next, you will need 2- 8oz. packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened, 1 can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. Mix until smooth.

Add 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice, this will be stirred into cream cheese mixture. I like mine a little tart, so I usally add a little more lemon juice, it depends entirely on your taste.

Pour cream cheese mixture over corn flake crust. Let this set in refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with 1 can of refrigeratored Cherry Pie filling.






No comments:

Post a Comment