Monday, September 10, 2012

How To Make Your Own Coupon Organizer

If you have read any of my blogs you already know that I am adamant that the only way you can maximize savings by using coupons without spending 40 hours a week dedicated to couponing is to have your coupons extremely organized so that when you are looking for a coupon you need it will be at your fingertips in just a few seconds!  For more information regarding the different methods of organizing coupons read my article about learning to use coupons.  Once you have decided that you want to do more couponing than just using a few coupons here and there it is time to get an organizer so you do not get frustrated and give up.  Trust me using coupons has saved me thousands of dollars and allowed me and my family to spend our money on other things such as saving for college.  Couponing is also pretty fun and addictive and contrary to how that couponing television show makes it seem it does not have to be that time consuming.  I spend about 2 hours per week on average managing my coupons which saves me more money than I would make if I had a part time job.

Now let's get started on creating  your own customized coupon organizer.  First you should sit down and make a list of sections that you would like in your binder so you know how many tabbed dividers you will need to buy.  I have my sections in alphabetical order.  I also have my pages in each section labeled and in alphabetical order which really is a time saver when I am looking for a coupon in the store!  You can order the labels template and tabbed divider templates from me for only $10 if you would like or you can do this yourself if you prefer.

Next you will need to go shopping for your supplies but before you do that you should make a list of the things that you would like to include in your organizer.  Below is a list of suggestions of things you will need or may want to include in your organizer.

~ 2" or 3" 3-ring binder (a lot of people like the zippered ones but I prefer to keep mine in a cute tote bag that I designed so my hands are free to carry all of my free loot out of the store when I leave... and the zippered binders can get expensive).   You should choose the size of binder according to how many coupons you plan on using. If you will be using a lot of coupons you should get the 3" binder for sure!

~ tabbed dividers (the number you will need depends on how many sections you want in your binder... remember the more sections you have the more organized your binder will be and the easier it will be to find your coupons... I have 16 sections in my binder).

~ 9- pocket baseball card sleeves (I have a lot of coupons and I have approximately 50 pages in my binder).

~ address labels (I use these to label the baseball card sleeves... this is the key to making sure you can find your coupons immediately without having to dig through a ton of coupons!  If you are going to order the label template already typed up from me you will need the Avery 8867 Return Address Labels).

There are a few other things that I recommend but that are totally optional below:

~ calculator

~ scissors

~ pencil pouch

~ cute tote bag (I highly recommend a cute tote... just because you are frugal doesn't mean you can't be fabulous!!!)

Now you are ready to put your binder together so you can start saving some money!  Once your binder is all together you should be able to organize your coupons so that you can find them in a jiffy and save lots of time and money!!

Here are a few pictures of what my Coupon Organizer looks like:

 
Thanks for checking out my blog and have a great day!!!

#couponbinder #couponorganizer #ilovecoupons #freeisme #couponlover #getorganized

No comments:

Post a Comment